Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

So what do I do all day, did I hear you ask?

As an add to yesterday, speaking of the fact that I am
multi-faceted, that my life is so full of wonderful
things that I was putting second to be able to
complete a job I loved.
You may ask "What in the world does she do all day,
how can she not be bored?"
Well, I will tell you how I can't be bored.
Because I am able to find pain relief in medications that
I could not take while working, I am getting back to basics.
Resting if I need to rest, playing when I need to play.
Decided today I would go through a small list
of just what is that woman doing on her time off?
I can guarantee you that some nights are still long and rough
but I am not crying about it over here:
I am spending more time with these three beautiful women.
Spending time with family, talking to family, making
arrangements to do things with the sisters that
before I was putting off.
Family is becoming priority again.
I am cooking and baking, making things for the freezer that I love
so that post-surgery I only will have to defrost a Ziploc bag
to have homemade foods. I am baking, I love to bake.
BG is loving this and so are all my neighbors because they
all know when I bake they all benefit.
I am sharing these things with people I love, people
who have done for me, people who I owe thanks to for many
reasons. Kris and Kaylee benefited from corn soup last night.
It's Kris' favorite and like I told him, it won't be as good
as your Nannie but hey, it's corn soup...
Thanks Kaylee for the pick-up and the visit!
Scrapbooking, oh how I love this room that I do my creating in.
Just stepping in this room puts a smile on my face.
I have been making gifts for people, organizing,
playing in here much in the week.
I never get bored with hanging out in this phenomenal room.
I will never again have a home that doesn't give me a scrap room.
I know, it looks messy but it is an organized mess,
I know where everything is.
Piano practicing....
as an adult, my sis, C and I took piano lessons together.
Since moving to Thib. and selling my piano I had forgot
about how much of a relaxing thing this was for me.
HOBL bought this small beauty for me from KD and BB
and I am now having the time to reteach myself all
I had forgotten.
I love playing the piano. I am not good at it, never will be
but I love it. More adults should take up learning a
musical instrument. It is something that anyone can learn
it is one of those things, the more you practice the better you get.
It makes me proud of myself....
Journaling, writing, thinking about this book I am going to write.
... and I will write a book.
I have many many times said when I grow up I want
to be a motivational speaker and when I do a speaking engagement
about my life it makes me so darn happy.
Yet I know that to get more opportunities to do this, most
have to write a book to go with these speaking engagements.
It is something I am going to do before I die, it's on my bucket list.
With more time I am focusing on writing, planning...
The pretty little journal on the right?
Well, that is Eskimo Pie's life from his/her Mumsie's perspective.
I journaled for each of my babies, now it is time for grandbaby #1.
I Looovvvvve this journal and the things I share with my baby.
Then there is reading, yes, I read many books at one time
always but I had been laxed even though I love it.
I am once again finding the forgiveness in myself to
lay down, rest, and read, read, read if I want to.
For a while this simple pleasure was making me feel guilty
because I would always think of all else that had to
be done instead of reading.
No more, if I feel like laying on my sofa and reading then I do.
Yes, so far, besides missing my work friends and my kiddies,
I am doing fine. I am listening to God and I am taking it easy
and I am finding myself again....
Yes life is good even with chronic pain...

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you - sounds like you have a full and happy kind of life - as it should be! Now - if we could just get rid of that pain...

    ReplyDelete