Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

WITH MUCH SADNESS

(Jade is 5th from left bottom row)
One of my childhood friends, Jade Cheramie
is dying from cancer.
It is all I can think of this morning as I just
received an email from another friend, Patrick
giving me the latest update.
This cancer is her second bout of cancer having beat
breast cancer a few years ago and having a recurrence
just a few months ago.
Jade was one of my first elementary school friends.
Her sister, Janelle and my sister, Rosie were friends
at the time also so it made for many hangouts.
She also lived in the back of the street where
my Aunt Jeannie lived so if we went by my aunt,
I could go play by Jade.
Jade had some of the very best slumber parties.
We spent many a nights up all night hanging out
with friends and laughing at her house.
She now lives in Florida with her husband and
two young children, only 12 and 7 years old.
She is now off all cancer medications and now home
with hospice and a morphine drip to help her pain.
Please keep her and her family, especially her little children
in all prayers as I am not really sure how a Mother
says goodbye to her babies in this way.
My heart is heavy this morning....
and all I can think about is this one night when she
came sleep at my house.
We were in my sisters bedroom and we had some type
of board game, a monster type game and we made up
the rules as we went along and laughed and laughed
so much the whole entire night.
It is so very vivid in my mind because it was the very first
time I was ever able to stay up until 3 am.
This wonderful woman has always been an optimistic
individual and does not deserve this at the age of 47
but knowing Jade, she is taking this and making
it a positive experience for all who love her.
Love to all who know and love this amazing woman.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with Jade and her family. I am so sorry to hear that, Lil. No Mother should have to say goodbye to her babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss her so much se was an amazing person and she will live on in all of our hearts

    ReplyDelete