Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 for mommy

Lately, each time the phone rings, especially at night,
I get fearful to look at the caller ID as it's usually either
Mommy or the manor.
A few weeks ago she didn't feel well and since then there have
been three other incidents, all not serious, but 
requiring us to get to her and check.
Last night, the caller ID says, "Manor"
and I am really afraid to answer as it's not mommy calling herself.
Unfortunately, but thankfully not more serious,
she could not walk without pain after supper and
her ankle is swollen. They assure me it can wait until the 
morning and they wheeled her to her room, got her
ready for bed, tucked her in, gave her Tylenol.
I speak with Mommy and she does not remember falling 
or twisting ankle but says it only hurts to walk.
Insists that I do not go last night, her old Mommy ways come
back as she sternly tells me,
"Wait until tomorrow, the weather is too bad and you can't
do nothing tonight"
So this morning, I am about to head out to tend to her,
get her a doctors appointment then, probably going
to bring her here until she can move about safely on her own.
MY siblings and I, at Christmas talked about the fact
that we need to prepare her apartment for phase two of
her elderly life. Going to rearrange and put a twin bed for
sleeping instead of just the twin sleeper sofa she has.
I don't know why, but I have a feeling 2013 will have
us spending more evenings with her.
Prayers please that this is nothing more than
either a sprain or a minor case of gout.
That lady, such a trooper, called her this morning to tell her
the plans and she was like,
"Okay, well I'm sleeping so tell me when you get here"
hahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment