Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Two important men.

Yesterday, as our country celebrated Martin Luther King holiday,
and most were given an extra day off of work, our first
black President took his second Oath of Office on inauguration day.
I don't know if it is ironic or it is always this way, but either
way,  I thought it was special that it was on the same day.
The above picture, for me, is beautiful.
No matter how you feel about the President,
he is our President and with that, for me, comes
respect. Last night on my way back from Mom's,
I listened to Siruis radio, first the inauguration and then Oprah channel
as she replayed her MLK show.
It is hard for me to believe that in my lifetime, as late as 1964,
blacks were still being mistreated, killed without investigation.
I hope that our Bean and her generation will never know 
segregation except for what they read in a history book.
May the world come together as one, 
I am thankful for MLK and what he did not only for our 
black people but what he did for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment