Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

(Miki and his girlfriend, Sayra, is this not just awesome)
Halloween 2010 was spent at our friends,
Wendy and Ruffin's house.
I had forgotten that giving out candy there
would have me meet the majority of the children
who come to my school.
So many of my school children gave me hugs
and asked where I have been and when I am coming back.
After a night like last night, I want to return back to work
sooner than later.
Hugs from so many children were my treat, no tricks.
Then half of Wendy's nephews come to my school also
so it was all evening visiting.
The food at the Robichaux's were so good.
Gumbo, hot dogs, chili, hamburgers., mmmmmm
and any dessert you could imagine.
It was the place to be. Thanks for the invite!
Wendy's children are very important to me,
even though they are quite grown now.
My time there gave me time to have deep conversations
with Devin, I miss that boy. I love that child.
Then I get home to this most awesome picture above
sent to me by my sister, Rosie who is Miki's mom.
This picture to the reader may not have much significance
to you. But to this Aunt Lil who has burned many a beads for this child,
it brought me the gro-cud to my throat.
You see, Mike is now 30 years old but he missed so many
important and simple things such as trick or treat.
He is a recovering drug addict who finds himself for the
first time one year sober. For him to have found
this lovely lady Sayra, who brings out the child in him
that he never got to experience, makes me smile.
For so many years he has made bad decisions, spent
time in jail, spent time in rehab., half and three quarter houses.
He has missed so many simple things in life.
So for me to see him and his love, Sayra dressing up in
such detail for Halloween makes this ol' auntie Lil proud.
For this minute, my Miki has his stuff together,
I pray he keeps up the hard work to continue on the
journey to enjoy what others do in a normal day.
I hope they won some type of award with these get-ups.
Happy Belated Halloween, Happy All Souls day.

No comments:

Post a Comment