Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Am I being too hard on myself... it's possible..

I think I may be expecting too much of myself.
I have to remember it is actually just a week today
since my surgery not counting surgery day.
Although the doctor warned me that it was a big surgery
and that the recovery would be 8 to 12 weeks
I seem to have forgotten that.
I guess I was focusing more on the rare patients he spoke
of that have this surgery and never have pain again
and go home and never take a pain pill?
Why did I think that may be me.
Well, I may be called a wuss,
put this stuff hurts, hurts like hell
and last night as I was trying to get into a comfortable position
and waiting until the clock said it was time for more
pain meds. I wondered if I had done the right thing.
I mean I may have had daily pain then but at least
I had learned how to control it, how to make the best of it.
This morning I awaken and give myself some forgiveness
that I do not have to be that rare patient
who feels so good he never takes medication.
Today I prepare to focus on the positive.
Today I have no fever.... yay!
Today I can shower and take care of my personal needs
without any help from others.
Today my appetite is returning and nausea is completely gone.
Today and yesterday, although I still need pain medications,
I am actually taking less narcotics than I was taking
before surgery.
Today I will focus on the positive.
I will try and get in my scraproom even if it is just to stand
in there and look around.
There will be life after this recovery, I need
to remember that.
Yesterday while I was in my Ambien depression I cried.
I cried because I missed my Gina B.
I knew she was with me, but I wanted to be able to text
her and get her words of wisdom back.
Today, no Ambien depression, I know my girl
is routing for me and she can shake the pom-poms
because in heaven she can move all her body parts
and she is laughing and she is smiling and she is saying,
"Come on Lil, this too shall pass"

1 comment: