Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Good Daily Reader

Rebecca, my niece, one birthday gave me a book,
SIMPLE ABUNDANCE BY SARAH BREATHMACH.
The inside is signed by her as every book given
to Aunt Lil must be and it is dated 1997.
However, in 1997 I was too busy to actually enjoy
the book. It, at the time, didn't mean much to me.
Then in 2007 on January first, I began the
process of not only reading the book but
using the book.
It is a book you must work and have a journal
close by because it gets your mind thinking.
It was life changing then and I still refer to the book
many times in the year now to either
quote something I found there or to
reread things I have marked and highlighted.
I have bought this book many times as a gift and
now that I am layed up have began to skim and read from
it again. So if you are looking for a life-changing book
to begin to work on yourself come January, get this one.
Rebecca also owns the book and after the year I
not only read it but worked it, which is what you have to do
with a book such as this, I do believe she too did it
and she, just as me, got so much out of it.
I have decided that the blog will begin to have some
of the awe-inspiring things I have found out about myself
by reading this book many times.
I guarantee there will be something in this book that touches
you deeply such as the writing I posted here after Gina B. died.
Amazing book it is, go out and purchase it because
January one is right around the corner!

4 comments:

  1. Awe-inspiring? Now that should be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh behave, bfob..... you know you miss me!!!! oh by the way, that son of your in Becky's pictures is way too cute... I can't get over how much he has grown up this year... no wonder the girls at Holy Rosary are noticing him now... Rebecca must be dying right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil, it took alot out of him to take those pictures. But,what that boy will do for his Granny. I think mom even shed a tear or two after because he even joined us to eat supper and be late for HAWKS night at school. We should be privaleged because in not too long those kids will be grown and off on their own! This makes me very sad!
    Hope you are feeling well!
    Love, Tie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read through the posts since your surgery - and you are sounding much better! I see improvment in your mood with each post...

    ReplyDelete