Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am a story teller...

STORIES ARE MEDICINE...
THEY HAVE SUCH POWER;
THEY DO NOT REQUIRE THAT WE DO, BE, ACT ANYTHING
WE NEED ONLY LISTEN.
THE REMEDIES FOR REPAIR OR RECLAMATION
OF ANY LOST PSYCHIC DRIVE ARE
CONTAINED IN STORIES.
Clarissa Estes, PH.D
Yes, I am a storyteller.
I love telling the stories of my life, to give
inspiration from something I say by telling
a story that relates.
Baby boy sometimes, he gets aggravated because
I animate stories. He is young, he doesn't get
that to make a story hit the point you must
empathize the important parts.
Sometimes he says, "But mom that is not the truth"
So I find myself explaining to him sometimes I see
the world through different eyes and the way I express
the story is not a lie but the way I see it.
Because I tell a story differently than the way someone
else saw it does not make it not the truth but
explains how I see things differently and I do.
Because I am deep and introspective my words
explain things different than a "black and white"
person can understand.
So when I read that quote above, I thought
"yes, I am a storyteller"
I am proud of that...
I really need to start working on that book
I am going write.

5 comments:

  1. Borderline deserving a ...................

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But since you brought up stories ...... I'll tell you about the time I got hit by a car.... and survived. Bet you didn't know I got hit by a car. I don't think my wife knows I get hit by a car.... Well I was 10 years old when I was struck by a baby blue Chevy Luv (remember the little Luvs?) It was a Saturday morning and we were going to the camp and I was pumped up.... me and my dad went to the Western Auto for some supplies and upon our return he parked on the opposite side of the street (across from our house) and when I got out, I was running home to get my gear and I walked right out in front of the "LUV". WHAM BAMMO it struck me right in the derriere and I was AIR BORNE. For a moment I thought I was going over the house. Then I thought I was a helicopter because I was spinning. Then I started worrying about the ground and how I'd get hurt and not go to the camp. I honestly believe I bounced up like a super ball. "I'm fine" was the first words out of my mouth .... ain't no way I wasn't going to the camp. "I'm good, ok, ok," as I stood motionless (because I wasn't about to start limping). The poor dude came running to me, my dad was looking at me with the "what were you doing look". A 10 year old can't see over a Chevy Blazer which is why I got hit. Needless to say, I made it to the camp and limped around the whole weekend.

    That's my story... and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that there is one awesome story.... I like it, you see you understand the reason why you must put emphasis in a story. Just to say I was once struck by a car would do the story no justice. BB has lots to learn about story telling, you are my bfob again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and I'll bet poor Glenn was thanking the Golden Meadow speed limit of 30 MPH about that time, I mean GM gets a bad rap for the speed limit but I am sure it saved your life that day... Now Ellen's antics are making more sense to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you high?... if this is what happens...then i need to quit being mad at you for lying, and you need to start being mad at your eyes for lying to your brain...

    ReplyDelete