Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Two weeks down, 6 to go...

Since Thursday I have been so much better each day.
I have seen both Marino, the abdominal surgeon
and Donner, the neurosurgeon this week
and both were quite pleased with how well I look
and am getting around which gave me
much optimism as I am somewhat hard on myself
when I don't feel well.
So, because many friends and family, are reading
the blog to keep up with my recovery I will use
this day to do just that.
The first two weeks, sucked.
Literally, sucked and I wondered many times through
those two weeks had I done the right thing.
Yet since Thursday I know I did.
Staples came out Wednesday and myself
and both doctors were quite impressed that I had
no abdominal complications with the surgery.
On that day I spoke of the nausea I have been plagued with
since surgery and we switched from Phenergan that would
make me sleep too much to Zofran which Kd suggested
because through her pregnancy it has been a blessing and
does not make her sleepy. It has made the difference.
I can take the Zofran, eat and not be asleep for the whole day
like Phenergan did to me.
I needed to loose 10 pounds and I am sure I am close to that mark now.
So as far as Marino goes, he has discharged me
unless I have complications.
I saw Dr. Donner yesterday and again I have to say
just how much I love this doctor. A down to earth, talk to you
like you are a friend, doctor. I love that.
He too was very pleased with how well I was moving around.
The one thing he is just a little concerned with is the
sciatic nerve issue I am having on my right side.
Although every day it seems better, I have had
this terrible, aggravating pain from my butt down to
my knee which tends to keep me up at night along with
muscle spasms in my back.
Nights are not too much fun.
So this issue with the nerve, because I did not have it
prior to surgery will be followed closely.
If not completely better in the next 2 weeks I will have a
CT scan of that area to make sure it is not a complication
from surgery.
Dr. Donner has also made some medication changes that
I am happy with as I finally slept well last night.
The most awesome news?
I have absolutely no pain in the area that made me a
chronic pain person prior to the surgery.
This has me very happy and I know before the surgery
I was contemplating whether I should hang up nursing
for the rest of my life.
As I was talking to HOBL last night, for the
first time I actually am thinking that I may return to work
in a career I love.
If this surgery has me better than ever I will return to the job
I love. I am too young to retire and just saying
I will never nurse again for the rest of my life makes me sad.
So in a nut shell, all is good.
I have been reminded by both physicians this is only two
weeks on an 8 to 12 week recovery and I am
doing very well. I am on less pain medication now
than I was prior to the surgery and I am very very happy
about that.
Okay enough of this boring medical mumbo-jumbo
a long post to get it all down, Now, no more medical
posts unless major stuff happens.
I am back in my scrap room, reading much, beginning
to visit again with the ones I love and looking
forward to every day. More like the Lilbit
you guys expect every day.
I am happy, I am encouraged, I am hopeful
and I am in love... with each of you who visit this site.
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww, Lilly, great news on this glorious Sat morning :) One day at a time! Would love to visit when you are up to it.Actually,would love to have you over for coffee "in the country" and to share special news about Gina B. Praying for you as you continue to recover,knowing your special angel is with you always. Take care.

    Becky M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky, I can't drive yet and you know where I live (lol) so please come by and visit and we can have coffee... I am now up for visit, have actually been calling people to visit so give me, my HOBL doesn't come home until Thanksgiving day and even when he is here, he loves company too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome news!!! All the praying has really paid off!!! Praying you continue on this healing path with a full recovery!!!!

    Love you, can't wait for our visit!!!!

    Smooches,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete