Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

yesterday it was pics of the old days, today pics my dad took

When Mumsie moved to the Manor there were things
she wanted to save so us kids put it in bins and put it in
my attic. We never really paid much attention to what was
in it. Yet with the big 90th birthday party coming
us kids are all busy bees to make this the very best
birthday for her.
Yesterday I had HOBL help me find things
Sis, V. could use to decorate.
I cannot say how excited I was when I found more
old pictures of my family at a time before I was born.
I sometimes wish I was part of my siblings lives
way back when except, sorry, I don't want to be as
old as they are ;^)
My dad, when he was forced to retire as a photographer
because of war injuries he became bitter and
swore he would never take another picture.
I was three when this happened so I just
love seeing pictures he took.
I may be prejudiced but I think
my Daddy was the very best photographer ever.
Well, except now there is my friend Becky, and she is
quite great also.
Anyway, back to the story.
My daddy had a style. Even his non-professional pictures
can be told that they are his because he had the
eye. The eye of a photographer that told a story.
Today I share some of those with you readers.
Because although I was not born, they are part of
my life, my heritage and I am quite proud of that.
Okay here I will need help from the older siblings.
Dad must have had to take photos of a confirmation day...
This is before me, way before me since the oldest of my
siblings in this picture is Peter and there are three
of us girls after Peter.
However, it is a popular picture of our family
and one of my very favorites,
Of course, Daddy is not in the picture
but I just love how he had everyone pose.
He was great at this.
My daddy's baby sister is in this picture.
She is the one all the way to the left, sitting down.
After my grandparents died, My Mom and Dad took his little
sister, Jeanette under their wing to continue to raise her.
I do not know what this occasion was but if Dad's
baby sister was in something he was there with his camera.
This is Uncle Roy, the man who eventually married
Jeanette, my aunt... how charismatic he looked here.
My favorite part of this whole picture is the kitchen.
This kitchen is the one I was raised in.
It never changed even many years later.
and when daddy died and C and Ted bought the house the
kitchen still looked like this.
Now, it is an amazing kitchen, much updates done
to it. Yet this is the kitchen that will forever live in my heart.
It was the hub of our home....
I can remember every inch of that kitchen,
where everything was kept and could write
a whole blog just about the kitchen.
It was magnificent but I do believe it was
more the love and time that was spent in that
kitchen more than anything else that makes me love it.
Okay, this is an example of what I was talking about
my dad's casual pictures.
I mean who would say,
"Okay you three little girls, line up in the window cross
your legs, and Uncle Freddie is going to take your picture"
None of these are siblings but cousins...
My daddy was a different man back then than the
man I knew, wish I would have known this one.
My daddy took this one of my two oldest siblings,
Simone and Larry.
Larry is my brother who died a few years ago from
lung cancer.
I cannot get over how much in this picture,
my niece, Emily's little boy Zachary looks like him...
Finally Aunt Jeannie married Uncle Roy and of course,
not only did my Daddy give her away because
her parents had passed but he also took her
wedding pictures and I am sorry but
he was the very best...
Look at the quality of these pictures!
I am not sure of who the ring-bearer was but the
flower girl is my Aunt Mae-Mae's first born,
Joelynn...
My aunt Mae-Mae had this awesome man, Uncle Joe
to call her husband.
I do not know if these pictures were a wedding party
or his birthday.
I have blogged of Uncle Joe before, he died when I
was a little girl due to a car accident.
Left my aunt with 6 children, the oldest in high school
the youngest not yet two....
she did it, raised that family and did a damn good job.
Again look at the quality of my daddy's pics...
Okay so in a nut shell, a long blog....
I found a gold mine yesterday and there are many more
pictures that now live in the memory of
this Macbook....
Happy I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment