Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

lafourche parish council

This post is my sister's fault.
I was talking about it to her last night
and the more I talked to Veronica the more angry
I became. Why?
Because our Parish Council
will make a decision as to whether or not
they will give themselves a pay raise.
My facts last night were not all known
so this morning I read the news article
and yes, it is true, they are going to discuss
it but unlike I believed last night I do believe
it will go to the people for voting.
Not just a little raise, it would give
the Parish President a raise from $65,000 a year
to $100,000 a year....
Each council member, over $5,000.
I also need to mention that some of those members
are against it, Daniel Lorraine is against it.
I am against it.... have you ever watched this crew on
channel 10 try and make a decision?
It doesn't happen, why?
Because they have so many personal issues with each other
that they can't put it aside to make a decision and
they look and sound dumb when doing it...
Why else am I against it?
Has no one on the council noticed that education
and teachers are being cut?
You know what my teacher friends were told
when they questioned whether last year
they would be getting their annual raise?
They were told, "Be glad you have a job"
then our school board, through no fault of their own
but because of budget cuts, cut teachers.
Cut teachers, in a time when children need education
as much as they need food and water.
Nursing graduates cannot find jobs,
they get their degrees and they are basically told
"Good luck finding a job in your area"
The biggest thing that is driving me crazy?
Our local college is drowning...
yes, there are budget cuts so bad that there is
much talk of cutting half of the courses that are taught
right here in our very own Lafourche Parish
for some children, if Nicholls cuts their program
they are done, they can't afford to leave home,
pay the high tuition of other colleges.
My own baby girls' graphic design degree
may be cut.
We are grooming our children to instead
finish college and stay in Lafourche Parish
to work and raise a family to leave to make
their homesteads in other areas.
My own young neighbors, he, his wife and three children
had to move because he couldn't find a job.
what is his job, and anesthetist.
Yet, our parish council, some of them feel the need
for a raise. We are not talking 2% that some educators
have gotten way back when when they did get raises...
No worries, Council if things continue the
way they are going in our parish,
we won't need a council, there will be no one
here to live, work, and love our wonderful
parish....
When the voting comes up,
remember all of this and vote
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO


3 comments:

  1. Parish president is a fool, she sounds like a asshole, what they should do is take money from her because, she sounds like sarah palin a dam idiot and every time i watch her she seems to be nothing but a liar. I haven't voted in many years but if Sarah palin runs I made a promise to myself to make sure that i will vote against this idiot, also our parish president seems to be in the same mentality as this fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post today. You should put this in the newspaper for everyone to see....

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
    Glad you are feeling better.

    Your neighbor down the street!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should post Ronald's comment in the Comet ... now that would liven up the party a bit.

    ReplyDelete