Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

the beginning of Maggie Mae

Only one thing made spending the day with my bestie, Laurie
and her girls, Lindsey (there linz, I put your name in my blog)
and Jessica better.....
The bestie bringing not just Taco Soup but all the fixings
aaannnnnddddd dessert!!!!
Yes, I love my bestie.
So Laurie and I, we have been talking a lot lately about
whether or not her baby girl, Jessica was ready for
a puppy. This child loves her animals like my baby girl with
the same name loved hers.
After many, many, talks and much searching on besties part,
she finally decides that this is the year, this is the year
that they will bring a Yorkie into her home.
I am quite impressed with all the work she has done
to find the perfect pet.
Yesterday, when she says she is going to drive
to Pierre Part to see these little pups who
have been breeded by a woman who owns both the
momma and the daddy yorkies and they are both on
the premises to view, I just could not pass up
the chance not only to go and see these baby pups
but to see her Jessica choose her own pup.
Jessica took one view of the three that were up for adoption
and knew exactly which one was going to be hers.
She named her Maggie Mae and I loved it from
the very beginning, perfect name for a perfect pup.
I was very impressed with the breeder.
A young mother of two, she spoke of her dogs
as though she loved them as much as her children.
She spoke of how she guarantees them for a year
because she never wants her puppies to be in a home where they
are not wanted. Quite impressed I was with her.
So impressed that knowing my checkbook was in my purse,
it was hard for me not to write out a check for the little
boy pup that captured me and Laurie's heart.
If HOBL had been home and said get it,
I would have come home with another pup.
Especially when I saw that this pet owner
had the momma and the poppa yorkie and a poodle.
I was thinking, well if she can have three, can't I?
Okay so back to Jessica's story.
I was so darn glad I was part of this.
The happiness on her face was priceless to the point
that I felt the gro-cud when she held this little girl
close and said, "this one is mine"
I am so glad Laurie opted out of surprising her for Christmas
and decided to let her choose her own puppy.
Now to tell you about this 1 and a half pound pup.....
She landed up spending the day at my house,
leaving at 7 and she was amazing.
She ate, drank, then Jessica put her on
Jake's puppy pad..... and she peed!
She peed like that not once, not twice but three times
on the pad. Then she decided to really impress
the 5 people who were here, she pooped on the pad!
She is better trained than Trixie and she is like 6 weeks old!
I shared with my bestie I am so proud that she made
this decision for Jessica because I regret not letting
my babies have their own puppies growing up.
We had one for a short time. a maltese but
that was not the kind of dog for a child,
too much work.
Yorkies have to be the very best pups to love and care for.
A child deserves to have a puppy to love, nurture and
care for and I have no doubt that Jessica will do that.
The other thing I learned while watching this young
breeder with her parent dogs and pups....
I want to be a breeder one day.
At my lake house where I will have chickens
and a goat I will also be a yorkie breeder.
HOBL and I had talked about it but watching
her and seeing how easy she made it look,
I want to do that and like I told
bestie, she paid her Christmas,
4 puppies+$800 dollars each= a paid Christmas.
HOBL said we have to wait for another pup
until we retire but I swear had he said
go get one, I would be on the road to
Pierre part today.

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you a story about the day I decided to become a "breeder" .... I had beagles ... rabbit dogs ... and I wanted to take my best "gyp" and breed her with a good male to make sure I had a good pack for years to come. I wanted a pack of 4 females ... momma, sista, and two daughters .... perfect. I got me a good male (so i thought) ... my female was bred and low and behold however many days later, I had PUPPIES ...... 9 FREAKING PUPPIES ..... 7 MALES AND 2 FEMALES (50/50 I THINK NOT!) Then 1 died (a female thank you very much) Soooooooooooo I ended up with 8 puppies only one of which I kept .... the 7 boys were given to a friend who raised beagles. So I say, let's try it again but with a different male... a pretty little blue tick patched boy.... well that S.O.B. bred the momma, the sista and the daughter before I could get rid of him. (Let's just say, cyclone fencing does not stop the love machine) ... Anyway I made sure we didn't have 3 litters because I caught the act in time... we just kept momma-c-ta knocked up and low and behold however many days later I had PUPPIES --- 6 PUPPIES -- 5 FREAKING MALES AND 1 FEMALE AND ONE DIED.....YOU GOT IT .... THE FEMALE! SO, not only did I get rid of daddy... I got rid of momma, puppies, sista and daughter ... end of breeding... end of discussion.

    ReplyDelete