Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

thoughts the day before surgery

I had been afraid since I found out about this surgery
I am having and I was sharing with some other friends
who also loved Gina B. that Monday was a really hard
day for me and so at about 6:00pm I went into my scraproom
and told myself that this fear was ridiculous and I needed
to stop it. At 6:30pm I felt a peace and the fear was gone,
the thought I had been having seemed silly.
I texted Patricia and we spoke of Gina B.
and I made the comment that I didn't know why
but I knew Gina B. was aggravated and her time to leave us
was coming. I ended the text with,
"No one told me this, I just have a feeling"
At 7:15 Patricia called to say Gina B. had passed and from that
moment on I had no fears of this surgery.
That is until yesterday, yesterday the fears came back.
In talking with the sista's, Veronica and C.
They want me to say exactly what I am scared of.
Well, it is not that easy to pinpoint but I know they
are all normal fears.
The one thing I am so not afraid of is dying.
I know that is hard for some to believe and HOBL will
say that is not true but ever since at 5 years old I faced
death it has never been something I fear.
I have tried to live my life in the way that if I died that day,
I would be okay. I am more afraid of living.
Living with this chronic pain, afraid of if this
surgery was the right decision and if I will be worse than now.
It is easy to say not to worry about this and most moments
I can but I know these are normal but to pretend
they don't exist, would make me a liar to my readers.
I shared this on preadmit with the anesthetist and she
promised me that she was ordering me a pre-shot that
would help me with this.
I will give you a funny fear:
my babies are talking about bringing the video camera
to the hospital because tomorrow baby boy and KD
also go for ultrasound to find out for sure what Eskimo Pie's
sex is. If those babies tape me on drugs and put that on the
internet I promise you my dear readers,
that they are both out of the will.
Love to all as this afternoon I begin bowel cleansing...
oh the joys of abdominal surgery.

2 comments: