Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Lets for today, just reminisce on old times..

My parents and my older siblings, know about these
kinds of parties.
My mom and Dad used to have parties at our home
often before I was born. When I look at the pictures
of those parties and see my older siblings dancing
and having a good time with their friends
I am reminded that we may be siblings but we were
raised at completely different times.
I love those old pictures of their parties....
The spanking part, I don't know but I have a feeling
my siblings didn't see much of that but I could be wrong
I know by the time I came along spanking was not a
happening thing, matter of fact, being the baby and one
that was sick as a child, if you just made the baby cry
you were in trouble with my daddy,
Can I say spoiled, I was?
This, this car reminds me somewhat of the older cars
my dad used to drive. I love this old car insides
I wish some car maker would give us all the luxuries
of what our vehicles now give us but have the insides look like this.
I would so be up to buying one. I love this car and
red is my favorite color.
This camera makes me laugh because my sis, Veronica had a
slightly newer version of an old movie camera.
I remember being little and sis getting out that old/new camera
and the lights were so bright we would all be squinting and hiding our
eyes so all the old videos are of us hiding our eyes unless it was
outside and you didn't need the lights....
so funny, wish it wasn't so darn expensive to put all those old
videos on dvd. What a family get-together that would be
to watch all those old videos.
Drive-in's oh how I loved drive ins!!!!
Again, memories of my sister,
remember, when I was young my sis V. was married and
had her own kids people believed that C and I were hers
that is how much we were with her.
There was not much money when my sis and Nonc J first
got married so they would pack all of us kids in
their car because it was a cheap outing.
They would get that green pic from the glove compartment
you remember, they were round and you would light it to
keep the mosquitos away.
then at the jet drive-inn, the candy line was the best...
Sister, V would line us all up,
Myself, C, Tiffy and Tie and we would each get a
hotdog with the famous jet-drive in chili and
then we could choose one candy from the magnificent
counter of candy. Oh it was so hard to choose from.
Ju-Ju-bees and sweetarts and lemon heads
every candy you could imagine.
Those memories for me were the best.
If it was a grown up movie that we couldn't watch
V. and Nonc J would let us eat and then make us
beds on the back seat and we would all sleep while
they watched their movie.
I don't remember us arguing and we slept good
as we slapped the mosquitos away because
Pics only worked if you were close to them...
V. and Nonc, they couldn't afford babysitters
and it was cheaper to just bring us and buy us
a dog and a candy...
They were good to us, I mean really they could
have left C and I to the vices of our own parents
but they never did, they brought us everywhere
even if is was a movie we couldn't watch.
They were very good to us.
The speakers, funny about those speakers you hooked them to your
car window and prayed the one you picked worked,
if it didn't you drove to the next aisle and found one that did.
Just this could take a while so we had to go early.
Oh and also because we had to have eaten our food and be asleep
before the movie started.
However if it was a kid movie,
we wanted to make sure our speaker worked so we moved
spots many times...
Life was simple and good back then.
I had a great childhood really, I did
it was not perfect and it consisted of little money.
My parents were not rich but we wanted for nothing
because we never begged for anything.
We didn't know of what there was to buy
because we had no computers and our tv
didn't tempt us with all the newest toys.
It was a different world back then.
I sometimes feel sorry for the children of this
generation because so much of some of their
lives are about wants and technology and
material needs.
They will never know about drive- ins and pics...
It was a good little life I led.

5 comments:

  1. Oh! How I would love to be raising my girls in those days! How excited we were to go to the jet drive-in, and smell the chilie and popcorn!!! I long for those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah remember how much fun those days were, such a simple life... I miss it to....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is one of the best blogs that you have ever produced. Right up my alley. Loved those times. Our grandkids will never know what good times we at little cost because we didn't have the money.

    The parties at our house were so much fun. As I said in Mom's Birthday Program, our house was the house to be at. Didn't matter how or when but we always knew where!

    Thanks, Lil! I would give anything to allow my grandkids to go back to those times! I beleive they would all have a good time. Good clean fun! That's what it's all about!

    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to have a party like that today and you get some kid sneaking in a joint along with another kid that just got out of prison... you have kids getting dropped off by parents who themselves are lit up like canal street and when they're all gone, your beer has been stolen, there's money missing out of your wallet, and the dog is pregnant ..... go figure.

    ReplyDelete