Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

TODAY LEAH GETS MARRIED


Yes, today after a year and a half engagement,
Leah Vizier will marry Frank Alessi.
It is killing me that I will miss this most important
wedding especially because it is right here in Thibodaux.
The thought of Leah being old enough to be married
brings back so many memories of little Vizier and Riera children
running around our homes.
Brent, Leah's wonderful daddy and HOBL
found sobriety at about the same time
and at that time they leaned on each other so much to
get through the rough days of living a new way.
Pat, her mother was pregnant for Leah when this
took place and baby boy was 2. So many days and nights
were spent with these wonderful people as we made our
way in a new world all for the love of our children.
Because of the bravery of these two men and the love of
their wives, our children did not have to live with the
unsettling lives of drug addiction. For the love of
this little girl a man changed his whole life and she may
never know just how hard this was for the both of her parents.
Yet, I was there, I know....
What I have always admired about Brent was that he sobered and
stayed sober many years in the unconventional way.
Unlike HOBL who found sobriety easier for the first
10 years by following the program of AA,
Brent showed that a new way, a new life was possible
without AA. It is not the easiest way they say and
yet the love of that little girl and his wonderful wife,
kept him on the straight and narrow path.
Today he walks this same little girl down the aisle to
share her with the man she will call her husband.
I may not be there in body but believe me my Vizier family
when I say my love and spirit walks with all of you
on this most important day and memories of the
past live in my heart forever.
Frank, you are one lucky man, for you have not only
gotten a wonderful woman who will stand by you
for the rest of your life but a family that will call
you their own forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment