Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

cancelling all blogging plans for this...

I had a few ideas for blogging this AM.
All of that has been cancelled.
As every morning, before coming here I check my emails.
There is this:
Two simple pictures from my BFOB
with no attached writing because
the pictures in themselves tell the whole story.
I am immediately filled this morning with a big smile
at the same time as having tears in my eyes
and an overwhelming feeling of how lucky I am
to have so many of these precious children in my life...
Pure and simple, beautiful Ellen
known to many as Ellie-Pie...
Ellen turned four last week.
She is a spitfire, she has the most unusual personality,
and she is for lack of better words,
Truly perfect!
A spongebob lover who when her Daddy left to go
to the deer stand on Saturday afternoon from
the camp, she asked her Mother.
"WHERE IS DADDY GOING, IS HE GOING GET MY
BIRTHDAY DECORATIONS?"
Because in Ellie's mind nothing, I mean nothing
was more important that day than her birthday.
Enjoy these pictures and the little ones
that bless your life.

3 comments:

  1. Granny and Pop gave her that Snow White. With it comes the cutest little red pumps. She also got a basket with a bunch of groceries for her kitchen. So last night, as she went from room to room, back and forth, time and again, I was blessed with the "clog, clog, clog" sound of her feet. She took her bath, donned her new pink polka-dot pj's from me-me and paw, parked the basket (filled to the brim) next to my bed, climbed in with her mother and proceeded to place each grocery item under her pillow. That project was abruptly halted. So, the basket stayed parked by my bed and she went to sleep. In my spot ofcourse. So, I got the sofa, which between you and I really isn't a bad gig. Me and my trusty boston terrier fell asleep after another episode of Dexter (thanks Jes -- Jes put me on to this series which began 6 years ago so now I'm on Episode 1 of Season 2 -- gotta a lot of catching up). So now I'm sound asleep, but I left a lamp on because I didn't feel like getting up to turn it off. During the night, after about an hour of sleep, I woke to a strange feeling. I didn't open my eyes, but I was awake trying to figure it out. The dog hadn't budged, not a peep. But it was a strange feeling. When I opened my eyes, it made sense .... Owen was at my feet, wrapped in a blanket, with the eyes wide opened watching me. A pretty straight forward conversation ensued .... Me "you sick?" Him "no" Me "you scared" Him "no" Me "Need me" Him "yes" ...... translation --- come lay in bed with me. Plain and simple. Walk to room, radio is jamming because Hugh doesn't take it off, hop in bed, and get under all the covers because it's cold ... Him "where's bj?" Me "wait for it" 1...2...3....4... bingo -- dog in between us. A simple sniff of Owen, a half lick for me then to the foot of the bed. A little grunt and to Owen, all was right in the world. Just like Ellen with her groceries snuggled with her momma.
    Sunday Nights --- that's how we roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop and Granny gave her the Snow White costume to let her know that next year at this time we will be in Disney! Joy, Joy, Joy!! We have taken all our grandchildren, when they reach 5 and getting ready to start school, to 5 to 7 days in Disney. Ellen will (I think at this point) will be the last. In Lil's words, smile on my face but tears in my eyes! But as Tedi said we could start all over and bring each one at 16. YEA, RIGHT!!! I have had several memories of these trips something I will treasure forever! Thanks, Tedi, Hugh, Ange', Lucy, NeNe, Owen, and after next year, Ellen, for all the fun you'll have given me thru the years! I love you'll and each of you have your own special place in my heart!!! Love you'll!!

    ReplyDelete