Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

prayers needed, please

I know I have been incognito lately..
Prayers are needed for my oldest sister, Simone.
Just a reminder, she is the oldest of the Collins children,
23 years between myself and her.
She finds herself very sick right now.
Seems as though her two artificial knees she had
placed 4 months and a year and a half ago
are both infected.
Because of this she has been transferred to
Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge
where she will have to have both artificial knees removed
6 weeks of implanted antibiotics to the knees and
IV's then if she does well they will try and replace the
artificial knees. She has other medical issues that
makes this a very complicated, long healing process.
I can only imagine what the next months will be like
for her. Prayers please that all goes well as she is
planned to go to surgery today at 3:00pm.
Love to all,
Prayers for P. also.

2 comments:

  1. Taunt Mone, as she is known to the children of the family, got out of surgery last night at 8:00pm. The doctor was able to do what he needed to do and she did well with the surgery, Now the healing begins....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches for your dear sister! She is in my thoughts and prayers. How long will she remain in the hospital? I had partial knee replacement in August and this really concerns me! I have never heard of this happening.Your family seems to be strong willed & faith filled so with your love & our Father's grace I know Simone will do well. Please keep us posted on her recovery & know that many are praying for her.

    Have a blessed weekend!! Becky M.

    ReplyDelete