Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

so let me be selfish today...


I am lonesome this AM
yes up already and missing HOBL.
Now I know to some of you, this may not make sense.
Our whole marriage, he has gone away to work.
I have verbally said often that he and I being
separated for half our marriage has been the
saving grace.
Yet, as I get older, I don't like it so much.
It isn't like we do much when he is here.
Life is easier when he is here.
He gets me, he understands me,
and the days are long when he isn't around.
He does those things that have become complicated for me
like mopping.
I like to watch him with his little pups.
Gives me a chance to see a part of him that
I had never seen before.
So he heads back to Alaska today already
to the below temperatures that I can't even think about.
As for me, today is a good day,
a good nights sleep,
have been off all pain medications except for
Motrin here and there.
Does this mean that ol' auntie Lil is mended.
Well, not quite.
I am much better than I was before the surgery.
Some days I think I am all better
and sometimes my bones remind me that
aches and pains will be part of me.
I am looking forward to going back to the doctor
on the 1st of February to see just how
the CT scan shows us what is.
Today BG and I head to an 11 am show to see
BLACK SWAN.
She says I have to see it!
Have a good one, peeps!


2 comments:

  1. So what am I supposed to do? I can't work the SA crap alone ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So - what did you think of Black Swan? I am not looking forward to not having my Nellsiton (William) with me - I will have to settle for Messenger or Skype when he heads back to Cut Off on Sunday. Until then I enjoy our SA of being together with his family of over 20!!!!

    ReplyDelete