Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SA 1/11

IS IT A RECESSION OR DEPRESSION
Wow, amazing that this book was published in 1995
and here we are in 2011 and seems as though our
world is facing the same things as we were in '95.
Yet if we have a roof over our heads,
food on the table, and a family who loves us we
really are fortunate and have all we need.
Something from the last time I did a year
of Simple Abundance must have stuck with me.
In the last paragraph it speaks of a little experiment.
I have carried that with me for 4 years.
I make sure to smile at strangers,
say good morning, happy afternoon.
For some reason being kind to others takes
me outside of myself.
Yesterday I was at the local Walgreen's
(I love my Walgreen's)
There was a little old bent over man,
head looking down.
I made sure to tell him
"Good morning, sir"
He looked around then looked right at me.
A smile so big,
"Same to you young lady"
Hmmmmm young lady?
He must have been older than I thought.
So today we are called to be happy to have
jobs, food, family
and to extend that to others who may not
be so fortunate.
Wish it wasn't so cold so I could venture
to my favorite junk stores....

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love........




    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks B.... I love, love, love, you and miss, miss, miss you and hope to soon, soon, soon be singing the halls of TES

    ReplyDelete