Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SA 1/18



HMMM.....
SEEMS AS SOME ARE MISSING THE
SIMPLE ABUNDANCE COMMENTS....
The last few days, for me, SA
has really just been emphasizing what
exactly the month of January is all about.
Finding the beauty in the little things.
ACRES OF DIAMONDS
"... Where is your acre of diamonds?
If you could do anything in the world,
what would it be?"
Funny as you get older, life should become simpler.
The first time I did SA I had a list of things
I could think of and that was only 4 years ago.
Today, aside from maybe being back to work,
physically fit, I can't think of much I would
want to change.
Well, except I still have a desire to write a book.
Now if you have little ones under your feet,
today's reading may just irritate you,
you may think,
"Yeah, like I can even think of diamonds
I don't have a minute for myself."
Oh but my dear, dear friends.
So soon that part of life will be over.
I can remember when the babies were young
and older people would say,
"Enjoy it while they are young, it passes so fast"
I would cringe wanting some days to say,
"Not fast enough for me"
Oh, but how they were right.
I now find myself saying the same things.
Don't get me wrong, there are many many wonderful things
about being the mother of grown children.
Like you get to sleep all night.
You don't have to dish out money constantly.
Yet if I am to be honest, there are those days
that a slight memory will come back of days gone by.
Like when I am sitting in the show
and I can remember the days when one of those
babies would become tired and climb in my lap
and the scent of their hair could keep me happy for hours.
I remember always wanting to give them a bath and wash
their hair prior to the movies just for the chance
of getting that scent of my child.
Funny, the memories that are remembered to a mother
of grown children.
So if you are finding yourself like me today,
with much personal time on your hands.
begin to think of your diamonds in the rough,
what needs to be polished...
and if you find yourself with little ones underfoot,
they are your diamonds, polish and nurture them
well until they shine.


4 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention the hair thing, I still like to smell Alexis' hair. It just brings me to a calm place. It must be a "Mother" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you plan on writing a book, you'll need three pages of vocabulary. "Show" is Jet Cinema through and through. Now, I'm on this SA trip, but I must disagree. Shouldn't we focus on the diamonds we have instead of looking for others? If we can do anything we want in the world, isn't that just a moment of an entire life?

    And to maintain my estrogen, but with a testostorne thought process ..... a few words from Dolly Parton...

    "Find out who you are and do it on purpose"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each stage of CA's life is such a joy and blessing to me - I relish each one! But - they are moving too fast. I love to hold her and smell her, too!!!!! Camille (da sister) always talked to me about the scent of her children and being able to pick them out with her eyes closed - I know exactly what she means! I live with diamonds - I learned to realize that I am surrounded by them when I was in the Army...

    ReplyDelete