Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

hooked on puppies

When did the puppies become more than just puppies?
I swore this would not happen.
I mean really, they are just dogs....
Okay so last night, I decide I have got to try and get
some uninterrupted sleep if possible.
I decided that although all three sleep all night if in the
bed with me, I thought that surely part of me waking
up so often at night has got to be because of the
fact that three pups are taking my bed space.
I would find myself when waking up checking on
them like I used to check on the babies when they were
young, are they covered, are they asleep, do they
need the bathroom?
BG is home and because Jake, the oldest, adores her
and must sleep with her when she is home
I know that he will be spending the night with BG.
That leaves Trixie, the middle pup who is way too
attached to me and the baby, Jude.
I tell BG that those two mongrels are sleeping in their kennel.
When I say kennel I must say it is more like a
room. It is a 6 foot by 6 foot gated area
in our garage that is heated and air conditioned.
They do not suffer for anything but human
contact when in the kennel.
I place them in there at about 8pm and lay to watch
the People's choice award with BG at my side.
Then comes a longing cry from the baby.
I tell BG, I won't be able to do it.
I won't be able to leave them in there.
I tried, really I did.
Yet by the time the TV went off and I settled down
to read my ereader......
yes, they were in the bed with me.
I am way too attached to these pups.
Like when did I start worrying about their
welfare like children....
I must say though I did have the best night of sleep
than I have had in a few weeks so I can't blame
them for my poor sleeping.
Thankfully, HOBL is finally coming home today
so I can pass the baton on to him...
If you think I am attached,
you should see HOBL and how he loves these pups.

2 comments:

  1. I still plan on seeing these pups real soon!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pups are great theraphy and soothing for the soul - did you know that they are being used as service dogs for PTSD soldiers? You need those pups with you! I am not sure how I will handle the next year without my furry friends!

    ReplyDelete