Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

SA 1/7

HOW HAPPY ARE YOU RIGHT NOW
HMmmmm..... lets see......
today my mind is clearer than it has
been in a long, long time.
I have made a decision, rereading
a book called
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR CHRONIC PAIN.
There in this book I find again,
the answer for my future.
Do not know why I could not practice it
the first time I read the book,
Probably because I was trapped in all this
medical mumbo-jumbo
So today I am happy about the clear mind-set I have.
Tired of being the patient,
making a conscious effort to get off all medications
and take control of this life again.
A funny thing is happening with all of this.
Although the pain is there, it is not something I choose
to focus on every day.
Rather want to find the old me that was there
before this fall out of medical issues.
I will win back my life and I will be happy.
I also know today, that I will return to my career.
It has now become my goal.
I am not ready to give that part of myself up.
It may not be this school year, or maybe it will be
but I am going back.
Today we are called to put pen to paper and
journal. This is something I do daily lately.
Today, do you know what makes you happy?

3 comments:

  1. I have a cousin named Happy ... funny thing about names, they say alot about people. Happy is always Happy and always makes you happy to talk to her .... Just like Lily ... it's a name that is associated with things that make you smile -- lily pad sitting in a pond etc etc ... and then there's Richard, the original Mr. Happy ............ Don't forget Happy Days (acutally Happy's middle name is Day), Author Fonzereli, Richard (here we go again) Cunningham, Ralph Malph, Patsie Weber, and Mr. Miagi (forgot his character's name).. I loved Happy Days, it was just before Laverne and Shirley. I think Richie's dad died this past year ... oh well, nice post, have a nice day, keep those estrogen levels up ... simply abundent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what makes me happy. My head has new clarity also.Thanks for your words.


    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes me happy is you being pain free! THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete