Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SA 1/4

THIS ISN'T A DRESS REHEARSAL
Look no one likes pajama's more than me.
It is a little known fact that if bad weather is forcasted,
I go shopping for a new pajama.
All kidding aside though,
when you wake up each morning and take
the time to dress, fix your hair, apply make-up
it does something for your day.
Even these days, right now, when I have really
no where to go, I still make it a point to
take that shower, dress, fix the hair.
It shows that I care about myself.
It shows that today I will accomplish something.
Yes, there are those days that I do stay in my PJ's
but if I did that every day I would not enjoy it
on those special days of bad weather.
Saving things so they don't get ruined is another
thing I am not a fan of.
Yes, I have my 4 sets of china that I never use
but it is not for the reason that I am saving it.
I just don't like fancy dishes.
I have blogged before about my happy plates.
I am proud to say that if you eat here,
none of my "china" matches and very few pieces
will break if dropped.
I buy dishes for the simple fact that they either
make me happy or bring me back to a time
in my life that life was simple.
For instance, I bought a coffee mug the other day.
I didn't need one.
I love giraffes when I looked at the giraffe pattern
on the outside of the cup, I intrigued me to pick it up.
On the inside was this little ceramic giraffe
just looking right up at me in the middle of the cup.
BG just bought me a new fancy Keurig coffee maker
and the cup is the perfect size for fancy coffee and
hot chocolate. My little giraffe head sticks right out
of the coffee like he is swimming in mud.
He makes me smile every time I look in there
for a sip.
So in my simple abundance way.
I want to keep my life simple.
I am not the owner of fine clothing, jewelry or
china.
I tend to wear my favorite clothes all the time
but it is presentable and comfortable.
My jewelry that I wear all has meaning to it.
Same for my dishes.
This is not a dress rehearsal,
I choose not to sweat the small things.


No comments:

Post a Comment