Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SA 1/5

THE WOMAN YOU WERE MEANT TO BE
Today this is what I needed to read.
I have been stuck in a sadness lately.
It has been because I was trying to make
long-term decisions about this surgery.
Making long-term decisions because of health reasons.
Some think it is time for me to hang up the nursing hat.
I could if I wanted to and I know the way I am now
I cannot return to work as of yet.
I have been discouraged because I thought after
8 weeks of this back surgery I would be all better.
Seeing Dr. Donner yesterday has given me a new
light. He is the expert on this type of surgery.
He thinks I am trying to make premature decisions
when I don't yet know exactly what the final outcome
will be with this surgery.
He assures me that just because I still have pain
does not mean that I always will.
He believes that sometimes the new pain is actually
a good sign that the bones are finally fusing together.
He advises me to start focusing more on getting
off some medications to see exactly how I feel off
of them.
It is my new goal. I will start to wean off medications
that I have needed.
In one more month I will have a CT scan to see exactly
what has happened with this surgery.
I am encouraged by the fact that he is not concerned
by the slowness of the healing.
He says some people take more time than others.
Today I will do what our reading speaks of.
Get rid of the "displacement of self"
Today we are to focus on who we are meant to be.
Learning again for the millionth time in my life....
to take one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Read the title ---- stopped right there ---- obviously I'm comfortable with the woman I'm meant to be so I'll leave it at that ... My feminisim hasn't been stronger ... my estrogen is at it's peak ... In the words of Whitney Houston .... "I'M EVERY WOMAN"

    The journey continues .............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I read the post .... I say listen to the doctor (anyone of the 5 or 6 in this family will do) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is always a lesson worth relearning. good luck! prayers are being said.

    ReplyDelete