Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

on a day like today...

As much as I am itching to return to work
on a day like today, I am glad for soft PJ's
and not having to get out.
As good as this back surgery has been for me
there are those days that I am stiff and sore
and this is one of those days.
This week will be a big week for my future.
On Thursday I have my Ct scan to check
the fusion happenings and see Dr. Donner
for future plans.
If all goes well on Thursday I will begin
physical therapy in what the therapist calls
"baby step" therapy.
I am 4 years out of shape.
I and he feels if we go to fast I will regret it.
So I will savor the days I have left at home
and make the best of them.
If I am going to give myself the best possible
chance to be as healthy as I can be...
today the healthy eating must start.
I mean wouldn't it be hypocritical to say I have
done all I can to be healthy if I continue
eating a whole sleeve of chocolate cookies
with milk nightly.
Here comes lean cuisines and apples and peanut butter...
Today counting calories and going to start moving
the body parts that do not attach to my back.
As for "Taunt Mone"
she is doing better than we all expected
but faces a long road to recovery.
For a brag session of just how great the
baby shower was yesterday,
it was fantastic and oooohhhhhh the shower
makes it seem so much closer until we can
hold our precious bundle.
Thanks to all who came out in the terrible weather
to make the day so special for KD.
This baby now wants for nothing a new born should need.

No comments:

Post a Comment