Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Childhood life of KD...

My New Year has been focused on new thoughts on life.
Because I am home much these days and the rest
of the "World" seems to be working,
I have taken on a few projects.
Jilly-Bean is coming soon, only 8 more weeks
so I thought it was time that I start thinking of the
scrapbooks I want to do for her.
Of course, a book for this precious little girl
cannot just consist of her but must also
incorporate history of both her parents.
Tuesday I spent the day in Plaquemine
with KD and asked if I could have her baby pictures
to scan for future use in Jilly's albums.
Of course, the answer was yes and her wonderful
Mom, Cathy was nice enough to give me three
large albums to scan.
OOOOHHHHHHHH
I love a project!
As I went through all of these old memories
of my daughter-in-law and her family,
I realized that there is much I do not know about
her childhood.
So as I sift through the the hundreds of pictures
I am learning of a cute little girl with curls
who, from her stories, was quite a character,
I am falling in love with another part of KD and her family.
Learning through pictures about her childhood.
Finding some differences and more similarities
of the way she and BB were raised.
The one thing that they both have had in common
is the fact that their extended families
both had a very important part in their growing-up years.
Just as our family, there are many pictures of Christmas
gatherings of many, many aunts, uncles, and cousins
to share their childhood with.
I do believe that Jilly-bean will be so blessed
with so much love from two families
who place family as priority.
Thanks to Cathy and KD for allowing me
such a precious gift and the trust
that was given to preserving such special memories.
Oh Jilly-bean will have the best scrapbooks ever!


2 comments:

  1. If you put a picture of the first dirty diaper in that book, I'll lose all hope for you..................

    And don't give me the "as if" ......... everyone knows that is a very distinct possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh if I can get a picture you know I will!!!!

    ReplyDelete