Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

SA 1/6

STANDING KNEE DEEP IN A RIVER
AND DYING OF THIRST
well, doesn't this title of a song by Kathy Mattea
say so much to us.
How often do we think of all the things we need
that we think will make us happy.
Oh, a new vehicle for me would be so much easier
to ride in, yet HOBL keeps telling me that
is not necessary, this one is paid for.
He is right you know.
Another material possession is not going
to make me any happier than spending time
with family and friends makes me.
I am one of those who is "standing knee deep"
in abundance.
I, just like most of us, sometimes forget to see it.
Especially this week when I am so confused about
what my future holds.
Yet I try to focus on the happiness I felt when on New Years Eve
I spent the evening with wonderful friends and family.
I want to try and focus on the fact that the times I was
the happiest in my life were longer lived when it was time
spent in deep thought with myself or time spent with
my family and friends.
When I spend too much time in solitude or with
just the immediate family I live with I start thinking
this is enough but for me I sometimes become bitter
and thinking that others have it better than me.
We all need the love and acceptance of more
than just those who live under our roof.
Last year I challenged myself to spend more time
with old friends or friends of work outside of work.
What I have gained from this is nothing a material
possession can give us.
This reading today is forcing us outside our box,
outside of our comfort zone.
Reach out today to someone you have not seen or spoken
to in some time... see how that makes you feel.
I promise you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. What about standing knee deep in shizizzle and smelling like a rose? Is HOBL right that it's paid for or right that it is not necessary? He could be totally right that it's paid for (which I'm sure he is) but totally wrong that it's not a necessity for someone in your pain. (that's why I'm bfob..coming up to bat for the ole auntie) And there's usually a reason I haven't seen or spoken to someone "outside my comfort zone" .... they're a-holes (many would say just like me) Peace out and thanks for making me a little more feminin (is that spelling correct?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well BFOB thanks for your input. Have to come to bat for the HOBL here.
    As I recover and am having a change in how I am looking at this whole recovery thing, THe mind is a powerful thing and I will overcome this pain.
    Since I have made a concious effort to this, I miraculously have no increased pain when driving the Tiburon short distances and like the great physician said, if you are hurting when doing something, probably means you need to stop doing it..... but I know you love me... oh and I stay away from the toxic a-holes lol

    ReplyDelete